Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What I Like About Wednesday: Silhouette Portraits

I am totally in love with silhouette portraits! Looking at my house, you wouldn't be able to tell since I haven't yet tried my hand at one, but these talented artists sure inspire me! As a mother, I would love to display my sweet children with these amazing featured silhouettes.

Check out this fabulous Etsy site by Aedriel™ Originals with this adorable plate:


This plate is perfect for display or dining! She has several other plates and colors for all occasions, but I thought this one would look great in my house (hint hint, hubby!).

Another amazing Etsy creation by happythought is this set of pictures found here:
How sweet is that?! This would definitely be a perfect addition in my house since we have both a son and daughter...plus I love the use of teal background (reminds me of Tiffany jewelry bags).

The Ohdeedoh team created this adorable sonogram silhouette found here complete with a tutorial:

I love the use of fabric and the sewing hoops. What a cute display for a new addition to a family!

To all of you mothers out there: we wish you a very happy Mother's Day this weekend! Go enjoy your children and be sure to do something just for you!

5 comments:

Jess May 5, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

One tip I can give about doing kid's silhouette's is this. DON'T try to use the light and trace around their head. They simply cannot sit still. I drove myself to tears one afternoon trying to trace my kids heads. So I took a picture of their profile and enlarged it on the computer, printed it, cut it out and traced around it onto the paper of my choice. Much more sane way of completing this project.

Bibliochic May 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

what a beautiful idea! it looks so clean yet so classic. i especially love the second one with the boy and girl in separate frames. how darling! thanks above for the tip on making your own. i'll have to give this one a whirl.
xoxo
tod @ http://bibliochicshop.blogspot.com/

Molly {Eeny Meeny & Moe} May 5, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

I love that plate! I've been thinking about using plates as wall art in my living room... but a silhouette of my son would make it more personal - awesome!

Patrice May 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

I love silhouettes and have just recently become daring enough to try them myself! The plate is DARLING. Love, love it!

Becca Ross May 7, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

I was at a garage sale this morning, thinking of this post, heading straight for a pile of sewing hoops. Just then, someone snatched them right from under me! I was just too slow today. I hope you'll come post this at home and family Friday.

http://becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com/

Becca

Related Posts with Thumbnails