Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmastime Stroll

It's the most wonderful time of the year....
Oh, I so agree! The stockings are hung. The tree is decorated. The apple butter is canned. Yes, I canned my own apple butter this year as gifts (recipe to come, so stay tuned!)

Around my house you will find many quirky Christmas decorations as you usually find if you follow me at all on this blog. My quirky style flows through my quirky home.. won't you go for a stroll of my Christmas Home?

If you are driving by my house you will immediately notice my oh so cute wreath inspired by my fellow crafter Patrice!



Walking through, WHAM! My festive living room hits you in the face. I have an abundance of Christmas spirit all in this tiny room!








Remember my old bird cage used way back in April...well, here it is again. I love these Flurries ornaments and I love this one in a cage! Quirky..I know.



In my teeny dining room, you will find my Frosty's Hat as it hold ornaments for visitors welcome to decorate. Behind him is something I hang every year..my two wreaths with just a simple ribbon strung from each corner to place Christmas cards on.







I had to show you Moose's area!

Venturing into my kitchen I keep writing, drawing and erasing (which is the fun of having the chalkboard wall) when I finally came up with "the list". My nieces enjoy using this for an advent calendar which I just erased.





I use my buffet table to keep treats out and lost but not forgotten memories (that are very dear to us). In loving memory of my brother in law..you are truly missed.




More birds! I'm not quite sure what the attraction is with me, birds and cages are, but it seems popular in my home on a normal day and during the holidays.

So as you can see, my decor is rather simple and for a second helping of craftiness "um..yes please I'll have another!" I adore creating and adding to it every year. Enjoy your holidays and I'll see you Friday!

3 comments:

Jensamom23 December 24, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Your home looks lovely with all the personal touches. Thanks for sharing!

Erin A December 24, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

It looks amazing Jess! I love all of those little birdies, the ornaments are too cute. Love the idea of using a chalkboard wall for an advent calendar as well. Everything looks so bright and festive, great job!

The Autocrat: Haley December 29, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

Looks great! You must love HL too! I bought those same wrapping papers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails