Friday, December 3, 2010

Frosty's Hat


"There must have been some magic
In that old silk hat they found
For when they placed it on his head
He began to dance around"


Well I'm not so sure about silk, but this old wicker find will do the trick for me. Which is great, since I found both pieces for 1.50 at a thrift store. Along with a can of spray paint (I already had), some fun ribbon choices, a dab of hot glue, and some pipe cleaner!



With the weather outside being so blistery cold..spray painting was a little more difficult than planned this time...this called for not one, not two, but 4 coats of paint. (Brrr!)



Not only did Frosty's Hat need a ribbon, but a little decoration couldn't hurt. Next, I used pipe cleaner to spell out his name. (As I use this to label all my wrapped packages under the tree)



This fun ribbon was wrapped around the hat as you would typically see the same type of patterned scarf on a snowman out in a yard. The fun prints will go nicely with my tree and decor in my home. You could choose any color choice and it would work nicely with the black hat.

I chose to keep small packages in my hat for now, but I also thought this would be a great place to store fruit on the kitchen table, or simply fill the hat with ornaments for a decorating party which I will do for one of the holiday parties I will host this evening.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out these great parties this week!

13 comments:

Louley's Belles December 3, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

Now that is pretty stinkin cute!

Unknown December 3, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

how clever?!? I love this! I saw something similar in the store, so for a 1.50 - just genius!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

Patrice December 3, 2010 at 6:54 AM  

I love this! It could be used for so many things throughout the holiday season. Great idea Jess!

Mindy December 3, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

LOVE it!!

Unknown December 3, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Another fab-u-l-ous idea.

Jensamom23 December 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Oh my gosh! I saw something like this in a store for $20.00!!!! I am headed to the thrift store today in search...Thanks!

Beth @ Wiccan Make Some Too December 3, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

Wickedly Adorable! Love it, love it, love it.

Erin A December 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

So cute! I love it filed with the little gifts!!

Livvy December 3, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Absolutely love this! I'm off to find the goods and make one of my own!

Annie December 3, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

how adorable and super fun!! i must make one, next year ;)

Amanda December 6, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

This is one of my fave projects this year! I love this idea. I featured it on my blog today! Love if you stopped by! And if you don't mind - while your there clicking on my widget. Each click we get P&G is donating 1 days worth of water! Thanks!

Amanda
todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

The Single Nester December 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

I never think of spray painting wicker. This is simply adorable!

The Single Nester December 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

I never think of spray painting wicker. This is simply adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails