Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Happy Holiday House

If there is one thing I love, its tradition. For as long as I can remember, every single holiday has brought with it hundreds of small family traditions that make it so special. That being said, you can imagine how important it is to me then to create a cozy, fun atmosphere in which my family and I can celebrate each tradition as it comes. I hope you'll enjoy looking around my happy holiday house!
When you walk through the front door you are immediately greeted by this whimsical wreath. A wreath that has become a signature holiday piece around my house.Peeking through the front window you can see out skinny, yet festive, tree. Living in a pint sized house means making the use of vertical space, not horizontal. I like to think we packed in all the holiday cheer our little living space could hold! You might even get a little peek at this sweetie, who can be regularly seen "rearranging" our ornaments. This little guy means something special to my husband and I, so we little to fill him with seasonal joy whenever we get the chance. Christmastime is the best because we get to fill him with all the free holly we want, found right outside our door!This sweet ribbon tree moves around daily in our space. I can't seem to find just the perfect place. Or maybe I just need to make one for EVERY space and then be satisfied!These 'whimsical topiaries' have added a fun little mix to what is otherwise pretty traditional Christmas decor.
Our dining room is currently my favorite room. Around 4th of July I was inspired to use glass Coke bottles to create a flower centerpiece. Way back in July I couldn't wait to get my hands on them again for Christmas. I kept the table setting light and fun, which is appropriate for this years Christmas brunch. I used Coke bottles, fresh flowers and some fun candy cane striping.We may not have a ton of space to decorate in our small home, but I am enjoying the little things this year. It is just enough to make a smile every time we walk through the door!

I'll be linking to the CSI Project's Holiday Home Tour this week.

Visit thecsiproject.com

I can't wait to see what everyone else has done to make their home perfect for the holidays!

12 comments:

Tiffany December 23, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

Everything looks gorgeous, of course. But your table makes me smile. Love, love, love the table settings with the perfect white plates, monogram, and single ball ornament. The coke bottles are the perfect centerpiece. Perfection, my friend. Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Jessica December 23, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

I adore your home Patrice! Merry Christmas friend.

Erin A December 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Love it! I love your wrapping paper and your table looks gorgeous!! I loved the Coke bottles in July too and they are perfect for Christmas, great job!

Lisa December 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

I love all your decorating! Simple and perfect! I too have a small house and try to enjoy the simpel things! Thanks for sharing!

Midwest Cottage and Finds December 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

I LOVE your home!! Your decorations are so beautiful---and your table---A MUST HAVE!!!

Anonymous December 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

your house is perfectly merrily Christmassy festive! Thanks for sharing :)

mollie December 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

adorable decorations! LOVE your table!! have you blogged about it yet? i need details about that beauty. :)

Unknown December 27, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

o my gosh! that table is ridiculously cute!! everything is adorable!

Unknown December 27, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

o my gosh! that table is ridiculously cute!! everything is adorable!

Gayle December 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Just found your blog and I'm enjoying it - LOVE the table you show in this post - can you tell me more about it? Did you make it? Are there more pictures of it somewhere?

Thanks - and sorry for all the questions.

Patrice December 30, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Hey Gayle and Mollie! My sweet husband would be proud that people keep asking about the table! Unfrtunately, I didn't make it, it was a birthday present. He found it at a local antique store called Scout. It's an old farm table! I did talk about it more in my dining room makeover post, where I showed how I made over the chairs that go with it. Sorry! But thanks for the interest!

mporterintexas February 7, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

Love your white dinner plates. What is the name and pattern?

Related Posts with Thumbnails