Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Simple Christmas {House}

I want to share my favorite parts of our Christmas house with you all.   I keep it simple with my Christmas decorating.  I take the "less is more" approach almost always.  Hope you enjoy the tour.

First off, I switched out the content of several frames in the living room with scrapbook paper.  I used sticker letters to spell out joy on one of them...  


More scrapbook paper and a snapshot of our favorite Christmas toy...


It just doesn't get much cuter than the Little People Nativity so why not frame a picture of it?


I love these 3 trees.  They were bought at our grocery store several years ago for $10.  Crazy.  I wish I had bought a few more sets...


I just filled my number jars each with three ornament balls...


I created a pennant banner for our tree this year.  I simply glued a ton of triangles to twine and I love it...


Our tree topper that we have had since we first got married decided to stop lighting up.  Maybe next year we will get a new one but I still love it...


I have a ton of ornaments in containers downstairs since my Mom has been giving me at least one every year since I was born.  Sometimes we use them, sometimes we don't.  Hanging on our tree this year are red ornament balls...


Homemade photo ornaments from last Christmas...


And a bunch of my favorite star ornaments...


The mini fabric tree that you saw last week sits on a tray on a table right under the television in our living room...


Our Christmas card display is simply red dotted ribbon with mini clothespins hung on our pantry doors...


We always have red and green candy in a jar in the kitchen. This year sitting next to the jar is my Martha Stewart Christmas Cookbook that I have never actually cooked anything out of but love as a Christmas decoration...


Our Christmas Countdown Frame sits on top of the toy shelf in the living room with a photo of one of our past Christmas trees, a little tree that was a gift from a friend, and scrabble tiles spelling out Christmas...


Our Christmas table is simply stocked with red and white polka-dot placemats...


And of course a glass bowl full of ball ornaments.  I do it every year.  The classic Christmas decoration...


Then there is my girl's room.  They have a pink Christmas.  My sister bought this tree for Avery a couple years ago complete with pink lights and pink ribbon for bows.  She loves it.  My Mom made a pink fluffy tree skirt for it too.  And this year I found that pink rhinestone tree topper at Hobby Lobby.  She also uses her own ornaments and decorates it to her heart's content...


I got out some pink scrapbook paper and cut it in various sized rectangles.  Avery wrote the letters to spell out Merry Christmas and we used paper clips to attach it to the clothesline in their room...


Their Little Golden Book shelf is filled with Christmas books and their own set of mini fabric trees...


But my very favorite decoration of all is our little santa baby girl...



Yes, it is going to be a very merry Christmas at our house.  


Merry Christmas to you!


I will be linking to the Holiday Home Tour at the CSI Project

Visit thecsiproject.com

18 comments:

Glamorous Girl Gone Goofy December 21, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

It all looks winterful. Merry Merry and brite! I love that you changed out your frames and added a holiday theme. ~~ great idea ~~

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Very sweet. Love it! I think I'm stealing the ribbon on the pantry idea for Christmas cards... I was just thinking about what to do with them this morning. Thanks for sharing!

TBonesMom December 21, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Your home looks warm, inviting, and festive!!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk December 21, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Wow! Even though it's simple, it's still lovely and very inviting.


I'm going to use your ribbon idea. What did you use to hold it in the back? Tape? :)
I started a new "decoration" this year - using my fiance's Oma's candy dish and filling it with candy as well! I love that you have Scrabble tiles spelling out Christmas; we don't own the game Scrabble, but we play against eachother on our phones.. :)

Happy Holidays!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys December 21, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Favorite decoration: The Santa Baby!!!

Patrice December 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

I am in love with your little pennant! I would love something that cute for my tree too. Your house is so festive. I love it!

Hespyhesp December 21, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

I am dying over that penant garland for your tree. The whole place is great! I love the girls' decorations, very whimsical!

Jessica December 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

So cute and cozy Tiffany! Thanks for sharing such great ideas!

Anonymous December 21, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

oh what a sweet dumpling photo of your baby! Yes, your house photos are delightful too. Really & truly. But the baby steals the show!!

Jules December 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Your girls' room is just adorable. I love the banner! And that little guy of yours, so sweet! jules

Sara@iSass December 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

SO Lovely!

Sara@iSass December 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

SO Lovely!

Natalie December 21, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

Tiffany, every single detail is so perfect!! You did such an amazing job decorating your house! I bet it will be hard to take it all down after Christmas!! Oh, and I agree with you, sweet little Santa baby is by far the cutest decoration!! :-)

Salinda December 22, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Merry Christmas! I love your Christmas card holders. What a simple and beautiful idea!

Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com December 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM  

Your "very favorite Christmas decoration" is too cute. Also, I love that even your food and cookbooks are part of the decor.

Erin A December 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Such fun details, I love them all! I can't believe you got those little trees for $15, crazy! I wouldn't have passed that up either, and I love how you always have the perfect Scrabble tiles for the season. :) Of course, love the Santa baby. :)

Lisa December 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Oh I just love this house! I love to use scrapbook paper too! The little people nativity....where did you find it? I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa December 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Oh I just love this house! I love to use scrapbook paper too! The little people nativity....where did you find it? I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails