Friday, August 19, 2011

Fun Fair Finds

Have you ever been to the Country Living Fair, my friends?  My Mom, sisters, and I began a tradition last year of spending the day there together to celebrate my birthday.  Okay, so my birthday is not until the end of November but a girl can celebrate early, right?  Actually, what it means is that my Mom gives me money to spend at the fair...

So just for fun do you all want to see the things I got last year?

Here you go...

I found this pink hanky that was perfect for the girls room. I also found these old blocks that I LOVE and they found a home on top of the pink hanky...

I got this page from an old book. Avery loves butterflies so it made me think of her and it was another perfect thing for their room...

I found this adorable old dish towel. I loved that it had a bird on it, loved that it had words on it, loved the colors. I was sold immediately.

I realize I am not an amazing seamstress, by any means. I have SO much to learn but in our "loft" area is where my sewing maching sits. I love the look of old patterns. This was one got me all giddy because it says Simplicity and I am a simple girl. Also, the colors are perfect. It sits on a white shelf on a wall in the "loft". Ah, I wish patterns were still 65 cents...

I found these clear plastic red numbers. I chose the numbers 7, 1, and 5 because Tyson was born on July 15th. They will someday make a home in his big boy room if we are ever brave enough to take him out of his crib...

I got this adorable little flashcard. I loved it because it had a #5 on it and we are a family of five. I also loved it because it was birds and it would look cute in the girls room...

I was so excited to find some older bingo cards. LOVE them. I think one of them will end up in a frame in our living room and I am not sure what will become of the others. I am sure I will think of something...

Two of my favorite things are these sweet dresses. One is intended for baby dolls and the other was for my baby Mia (before she grew out of it). 

Look at the details on this dress. Almost makes me drool. I LOVE it. And it was only $2.00!

One booth was selling pieces of old crates. I fell in love with this Sunkist Oranges sign. I told my sister and Mom I would buy it if it were $5 or less. It was $5 and all mine! 




I found this cute hanger.  I know it is not actually old but it was painted a cute blue and stamped with numbers so how could I pass it up?  It holds pictures nicely which was a bonus.


And last but not least, you know that I couldn't leave without purchasing a jar. I looked all day long and found this beauty at one of the last booths. A woman can't have enough jars, in my opinion!  It holds all my scrabble tiles now.

And there you have it, all my fun goodies from the fair. I wanted several other things but realized I can just make them for much cheaper. Love being inspired. It was such an amazing day.

Now just a few more weeks until I get my hands on some more goods!  

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

TBonesMom August 19, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

These were definitely some awesome finds. I bought some old game pieces that day that I'm turning into a necklace. :) A fun time was had by all!

Shug August 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

Great finds and what a fun place to go to look for stuff...
I am guessing you all have a blast...
good luck this year on all your finds..

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter August 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

I'm a new follower . . . and found you on pinterest. What a beautiful blog! I'm excited to see more!

www.lifeasathrifter.blogspot.com

Kristen August 19, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Hi, I'm a new follower! I love all your fair finds. I wish I could think about things like that when I'm shopping in antique stores.

www.bahousewifery.blogspot.com

Leah Koenig August 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

Love your finds! The gals in my family started going to the Country Living Fair in Columbus last year and its bound to be a long standing tradition! So FUN!

Erin A August 20, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

These are all perfect! I love finding little treasures like these, it is my favorite reason to hit up thrift stores and flea markets. I can't believe the things people are willing to part with! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails